Monday, May 9, 2011

.To my daughter.

On this Mother's Day {our second together} I'm thinking a lot about how much you have grown {just this week you got yet another tooth and learned how to walk} and how fast your childhood is going to feel to me. I'm also thinking of what kind of person you will turn out to be. If the past 15 months is any indication then you will be exactly what I always hoped for: fiery, independent, adventurous, fearless, outgoing, loud, talkative, bold, stubborn, and really really funny.
I promise to always encourage you in your adventures and endeavors. I'll be there pushing you to spread your wings and leave the nest when you're nervous, I'll be there to read your letters from far off places you visit, I'll be a shoulder to cry on after that first heartbreak, I'll show you how to laugh at yourself when you need it. You are my heart and soul, I love you. Thank you for letting me be your mama.

No comments: