Friday, November 4, 2011

.Day 4.

The thankfulness list continues. I compiled the whole 24 days into a list before I started so I could keep track. Turns out that the first few are no brainers....but still important.

The 'rents -Of course my parents. Separately they are known as Sherri, Will, & Renee aka Grammy, Papa, & Gramma Renee. They are all the best. My mom and dad each come over every single week without fail to play with Peanut and for the entire length of each persons visit that child's feet do not touch the ground. My mother in law {Renee} isn't lucky enough to live in Portland but when she's visiting us or we're visiting her the same could be said about Amelia's feet not touching the ground.
Their collective love for her is so palpable that in January on Amelia's birthday when we had all of the grandparents and friends and family over for the big day my bestie came over to me and said "I'm so blown away and a little jealous of the overwhelming amount of love that child has. I want to go give her kisses and hugs but each grandparents swoops in as soon as the other two get distracted. I haven't gotten a single photo of Amelia that doesn't include a grandparent loving on her." Isn't that great? I love that. I love how much these three people adore this creature that is my world.
In addition to these three being the greatest grandparent trifecta ever they are also the three greatest parents. I know everyone believes that their own parents are the greatest ever, and perhaps we're all kind right. But in the last week I have to say, all three of these people have been amazing and really made me realize even more how truly privileged I am to have them in my corner. I love you.

No comments: