Monday, November 7, 2011

.Day 7.

We continue...

Today I am thankful for technology & social networking. First of all my husband's job that he loves and that allows me to be a stay at home mom is thanks to the tech industry and I am grateful every day for that job. I'm happy and grateful that thanks to the tech field Cheyenne has a job that he loves - a lot of my friends cannot say the same about their jobs and we are very thankful that Cheyenne loves his. I am always thankful for his job but even more so now because there are so many people in this country and all over the world that are desperate for work.
As for social networking I have to say that although I find Mark Zuckerberg to be one of the least appealing humans I can think of, Facebook has allowed me to connect with and bond with friends and family who are far away on a level that I never was when we had to rely solely on the phone. Thanks to Facebook, Gmail, Picasa, Twitter, YouTube, & of course Blogger my extended family and far away friends are able to have a better view of daily life for my daughter as she grows up then they were with me when I was growing up. I'm so thankful that this blog allows me to easily share photos and stories of our life on an almost daily basis with those that I love that I don't get to see nearly enough.
I'm also selfishly thankful for this blog in particular for helping me document the last two and a half years {can you believe it???} in a way that I never would have with a journal. I'm so thankful that I can now go back and read through old pregnancy posts with their details that I never would have remembered had I not written it down and all of the little updates on how my child has grown and what was going on in our personal lives. It's awesome and I always encourage anyone that I can to do the same, it's been a wonderful experience for me and I'm very thankful for it.

No comments: