Monday, August 1, 2011

.Lane Smith.


Yesterday I was lucky enough to indulge in two of my favorite things that I don't get to do as often as I would like: I got to aimlessly wander Powels City of Books baby-free with my good friend Kristi {who now lives in Mexico and only gets to visit a couple of times a year because of her teaching schedule}.
Someday when I die I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered in Powells such is my love of the book emporium and I think Kristi would want the same thing. We wandered and chatted and got caught up with each other as we wandered from floor to floor and room to room before ending in Rose Room {childrens books} which I have developed a deeper appreciation for now that I find myself reading childrens books for hours every day.
Of course, there were about 10,000 books that I wanted to pick up for Peanut but I was able to limit myself to just two, but they're fantastic! Amelia likes them because she likes being read to but honestly, the adorableness is more for parents.
It's a Book and The Big Elephant in the Room by Lane Smith are just totally fantastic! The next time that we have to pick up a gift for a kids birthday you can believe that these are getting put on the list! If you have a youngin or know of when you should pick these up {my favorite of the two is It's a Book}!

No comments: