Friday, August 12, 2011

.TGIF.


Happy Friday everyone! Today's cocktail recipe is a fun one for me. Here in Clark Estate we have a few heros, one of whom is the incomparable Hunter S. Thompson. Whenever either Cheyenne or I re-read any of Hunters books or articles or re-watch Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas a hankering for a Singapore Sling {his favorite cocktail} creeps up. In fact, on my 21st birthday when I went to my first bar and ordered my first cocktail I went with the ole Singapore Sling in honor of H.S.T.....I remember little else of the night {which should be the story for every 21st birthday}. This weekend you should mix up some Singapore Slings and read The Rum Diary or watch Fear & Loathing....you wont regret either.

Singapore Sling Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz. gin
1/2 oz. Peter Herring Cherry Heering
1/4 oz. Cointreau
1/4 oz. Bénédictine
2 oz. pineapple juice
Dash of Angostura bitters
2 dashes grenadine
1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
Ice as needed
Club soda as needed (optional)
Orange slice for garnish
Cherry for garnish

Directions:
In a cocktail shaker, combine the gin, Cherry Heering, Cointreau, Bénédictine, pineapple juice, bitters, grenadine, lime juice and ice. Shake, then strain into a highball glass. Top with club soda. Garnish with the orange slice and cherry. Serves 1.


No comments: