Friday, August 26, 2011

..The next generation of cousins.

First I'd like to send out a huge congratulations to Cheyenne's cousin Greg & his wife Ivy who are expecting their first baby in the late winter/early spring of 2012! Yay!
Cheyenne & I were just talking about cousins this weekend, about how close we were/are to ours and how many we have {I have 13 first cousins and Chey has 6 or 7}. Our discussion revolved around how weird it seems to us that Amelia will have so very few 1st cousins since I'm an only child and Cheyenne has one sibling {the sweet and wonderful Cara Rose} who happens to be 16 years younger than he is. Poor Amelia we thought.
Then we got the call about Greg & Ivy and started talking about Amelia's 2nd cousin options and actually realized that there seems to be a bit of a baby boom amongst our relatives. My cousins Derek & Brynn each have a child basically Amelia's age {Derek's son Landyn is 3 and Brynn's daughter Hadley is 12 weeks to the day younger than Amelia}. My cousin Brianna is having her first baby this February. And Cheyenne's cousin Cody has two sons, the younger of which is less than 5 years older than Amelia.
So while she may not have a ton of first cousins I'm confident that with this recent influx of babies she'll still get that "cousin experience" thanks to all of her second cousins {or first cousins once removed...however it works. You know what I mean} :-)

No comments: