Wednesday, August 24, 2011

.Pearly whites.


I think I've mentioned Amelia's total obsession with brushing her 14 teeth. Homegirl loves brushing her teeth! Every morning after Daddy goes to work she runs to the bathroom and points up to the sink where her toothbrush is kept and yells "TOOF!". It's pretty darn cute.
I'm also convinced that at least part of her love of dental hygiene comes from the yumminess of childrens toothpaste. Hrmf. There are countless warnings out there about the overuse of fluoride and the dangers of sodium lauryl sulfate - I'm pleased to say that Portland does not fluoridate the water supply so that we can personally control what we put in our bodies. Keeping the safety and well being of my little one in mind always comes into play when shopping for her and this includes toothpaste.
I found Coral Kids Toothpaste a while ago and it's a total hit! It's fluoride, sodium lauryl sulfate, and glycerine free, has tons of natural healthy minerals, has a yummy flavor {yup, I gave it a try out of curiosity}, and works like a charm! If you have a little one that's got a set of chompers I really recommend it! Added bonus: no stupid Disney or Nickelodeon characters on the packaging - it's not a deal breaker but I like that little extra.

No comments: