Friday, August 5, 2011

.TGIF.


Ahhh weekend. Now that it's August I can see the not so distant end of summer, and for once in my life that's making me a bit glum. Mind you, autumn is still me very favorite season of the year and it's advance is not making me glum - but for the first time in like, ever, I'm starting to not hate summer. So between now and the fall equinox I'll be savoring every second of my weekends. This cocktail sounds like summer in a glass...enjoy {not just the yummy cocktail but the rest of your summer as well}!

Watermelon Picnic Cocktail

Ingredients:
2 Parts Vodka
2 Parts Watermelon Chunks
2 Parts Lemon Lime Soda
1/2 Part Lemon Juice
1/2 part Simple Syrup

Directions:
1. Chop watermelon and muddle in a shaker along with lemon juice and simple syrup, add vodka, shake it like a polaroid picture.

2. Strain into a glass over ice, top with lemon lime soda, garnish with a slice of watermelon

No comments: